We've encountered just about every obstacle there is when it comes to surprise set up locations at events, from stairs to last minute changes. I've seen almost everything. Lets try our best to help you prevent these instances from happening. We want to make sure brides, planners and all other clients to have a great photo booth experience at their event!
- Times. Note we generally set up the photo booth 1-1.5 hours prior to the booth start time, note this for your whole experience. Most times we are set up in a foyer or area away from the guest tables to avoid disruption. If you're worried about us being distracting during speeches or dances, we make it a point to temporarily stop the photo booth during those times (and turn off our light) so we're not taking attention away from the special moment!
- Accessibility. Please tell us if there are stairs at your venue! It will delay the start time of your photo booth. We like to prepare the staff for everything.
- Space requirements. We need a space that is at least 6’ long by 9’ wide by 10' high, but a 10'x10'x10' space is ideal! For the bus a 15' wide x 20' long space is needed. Make sure to leave space for a line as well.
- Power. We need a wall outlet (110V, 10 amps, 3 prong outlet) that is dedicated for the photo booth. Sharing an outlet with a bunch of other things like the DJ or lighting is not recommended, we arrive with a 20 foot extension cord that can help us reach a far away outlet if needed.
- Indoor space. Weather is unpredictable, and out door elements can effect the quality of your experience weather its hot and sweaty, raining or just cold. Try your best to carve out a space for us inside your event hall so weather is never an issue! If your only option is to put us outside, we can be placed on concrete under an awning, like a porch, or under a 10x10 tent with three tarp walls to protect the backdrop from wind. Also, if you're feeling a bit generous a portable a/c unit or fan will keep our attendant happy and energized to entertain your guests! The photo booth may not be placed on grass or wet ground.
- Keep us away from sunlight. Sunlight shining on the photo booth creates harsh shadows on the guests taking photos (not to mention it causes squinty eyes!), but also be wary of putting the backdrop against a window during daylight hours since the light might shine through the backdrop. On the subject of light, make sure there's not pot lights or chandeliers right above our space. Those sometimes cause crazy shadows! If you have a VW we know that needs to be placed outdoors! Please think of us standing in the sun for hours, hopefully there is a shaded area. We may request a tent for certain events.
- Provide a small table with a linen or a tall boy. We highly encourage all our clients to do this, It also allows space to lay out props if you wanted them. If you chose a glam booth, then we only need a cruiser or tall boy table for the printer. If you chose glam with no prints, then no table is needed.
- We also like to have at least one separate cocktail table to place near the photo booth, so guests have a spot to set their drinks. We encourage reuse of florals from your ceremony to liven up our area. Also your custom signs or hashtag plaques are welcome!
We hope that all this information is helpful in creating a successful event! If you need more help with how the photo booth will work in your space, shoot us an email chances are that we've been to you venue before and can make suggestions!